Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
8 oz (225 gm) soft butter
2 c sugar
2t baking soda
2 C milk
3 C flour
¾ C Cocoa
1 t salt
1 ½ t vanilla
1 T vinegar
Soften butter. Sift in dry ingredients. Add milk and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes, add eggs and vinegar and beat until well mixed. Divide between lined well greased tins. Either 4 x 19cm tins, 2 x 23cm tins or 3 ring tins. Bake at 180 deg.C for 45-75 minutes.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Here are my 150 4-patch blocks in progress. They are all leftovers from other projects.
Actually I reserve judgement on whether this will work or not. Will have to wait and see!
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Monday, April 07, 2008
Life is full of ups and down, and its great to sit on the sofa for an hour under a quilt with one of the kids and look at photos and remember the fun times! Ian Grant says "Children need a past, a present and a future" and I agree. I take photos of my Boy's Brigade boys and make an album for them too. Their parents don't do it, and the boys LOVE to see how much they have grown! I take it to camp and they spend heaps of time looking at it.
It's important to take photos of the ordinary stuff too, because things change, but when you look at the photo it helps you remember. Digital cameras are great, and people take heaps of photos, but they don't print them out. I think that is a shame, print those photos people, stick them in albums. Technology changes so much, you could easily loose them when time marches on and you can't access them anymore because you have upgraded.
I challenge anybody reading to go and print their photos. Let me know how many you print. I would love to know! I will give a prize to the person who prints the most photos...
Sunday, April 06, 2008
This is a poignant picture of the firetruck from a terrible fire in Hamilton over the weekend. It is still burning and one died and six fire fighters are fighting for their lives in hospital.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Firefighting community at this sad time for them.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
- Tidy most of the house including the two messiest bedrooms. (One was so bad it made me want to cry!)
- Visited David's Aunty Jean
- Had coffee with Shenleigh
- Cooked a yummy dinner and had our friends over for dinner
- Purchased new hair clippers and cut David's hair!
- Baked three fruitcakes
- Baked 60 chocolate chips cookies
- Sewed binding on quilt for Lynley and finished it.
- Gone to church
- Backed, bound and finished quilt for Tara.
- Sewed some circles for the Japanese Folded Quilt
- Sewed 150 4-patch squares for Bonnie's Mystery quilt (when I've worked out how to put the link up I will!!
- Made a roast vege salad
- Went to the Park with the kids
- Gone to mum and dad's for tea
- As welll as all that I have done load after load after load of washing as our washing machine was fixed on friday after over three weeks of being broken!
- Folded laundry mountain created by all the washing
I'm pleased with what I achieved!!
Thursday, April 03, 2008
- Finish binding Aunty Jean's quilt for her 87 birthday
- Finish binding quilt for my cousin Lynley who is dying of cancer in Australia
- Sew the gathering thread on the circles for the Japanese folded quilt.
- Sew my squares for my Orange Squash mystery quilt.
- I want to get up to 10000 words written on my book and get my house tidy.
- I want to watch a dvd and eat some popcorn.
I'm going to be busy!! have a great weekend everyone :)
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
The biker thought hard about it for a long time. Finally, he said, "Lord, I wish that I and all men could understand our wives. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy".
The Lord replied; "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
God our Father;
Thank you for life;
Thank you for health;
Thank you for every good gift;
Thank you for The Boys Brigade
Please help us to serve you
and act as you want us to act.
Please give us wisdom to do what is right;
Please give us courage to say what we believe;
May we always be willing to listen to your word;
May we always be willing to help others.
Please help us to be a good friend
Please help us to be honest in all we do
Please help us Jesus to be more like you.