Monday, December 10, 2007

The finished Canteen quilt...

In the last school holidays, one of the boys at the children's school died from brain tumours. It was very sad. My eleven year old was very touched at the memorial service and realised that Saul had really made his 15 years count for a lot. Saul was an only child and James wanted me to make a quilt for his mum. So this is the quilt we made out of Canteen bandanas...
Canteen is an organisation which supports young people with cancer. Every year they sell bandanas designed by the cancer kids, to raise funds for Canteen. James helped me cut out all the circles and I sewed them on turned applique.
This is the back which James sewed all by himself. Yesterday it came back from the wonderful Verina, who made a great job quilting it, and I sewed the binding on last night. Another project finished and one we are truly proud of!
And this is the beautiful star which Corry made for me, hanging on my desk. Everytime I look at it, I feel like I get a hug from Corry!

1 comment:

SusanE said...

What a sweet son you have.